Learn the FUN-damentals of Figure
So you want to learn how to skate?
You've come to the right place!
The Greater Green Bay Figure Skating Club would like to welcome
you to the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program! The Basic
Skills program will help you learn all the fundamentals of figure
skating - it's simply the best way to take to the ice.
The Basic Skills program is
designed by U.S. Figure Skating to be the best beginning ice
skating program that is fun, challenging and rewarding. The
curriculum is designed to keep skaters enthusiastic about learning
from the time they begin lessons until the time they reach their
Whether your goal is to achieve
Olympic fame or simply enjoy the recreational benefits of skating,
Basic Skills is for you! The entire Basic Skills program has
special classes for many facets of skating including free skate,
pairs, synchronized skating, choreography (Artistry in Motion) and
The objectives of the program are:
- To provide a fun and safe skating experience for the
as well as the more advanced skater
- To teach correct technique of the basic elements of
- To develop a finer degree of coordination and balance
- To promote physical fitness
- To have fun!
You'll receive great instruction and all these great
- Official Basic Skills membership card
- Basic Skills Record Book with stickers
- Official Basic Skills member patch
- Year patch
- Sports accident insurance coverage
- General information about ice skating